Quilt size is 48 x 64
Block size is 16 inches finished (16.5 with seam allowances)
- I’m cutting my quilt using the 4 inch finished GO die from Accuquilt and am using 12 fat quarters – one for each block but it does not take the entire fat quarter.
- I started with 2 yards of my background fabric and have just 6 inches x width of fabric left. I typically like to have a little more fabric when I’m die cutting a quilt.
- Each block uses (16) 4 inch finished half square triangles. You can make your HST’s using whatever method you choose. I used my Accuquilt GO to cut mine and I pressed the seams OPEN as these will be twisted and turned within the block.
- Blocks can be assembled in 4 identical sections and then sewn together.
- I will share my pressing plan for the blocks but press however you prefer.
Make (4) sections for each block using a total of 16 half square triangles.
Lay out 3 blocks across and 4 blocks down as shown in the quilt drawing at the top of the page. I press seams in my odd number rows to the left and in the even number rows, I press to the right.
My finished top
To change the size of the quilt you can add borders to make it larger, or add more blocks. You can also use a 3 inch finished half square triangle if you prefer smaller blocks – it will make a 12 inch finished block – but you’ll have to add borders or more blocks.
(C) MaryQuilts.com – 2017