Copyright

You may print and use these quilt instructions to make quilts for yourself, for donation, or for sale. The instructions cannot be printed and sold.

You may link to any of the pages with the instruction sheets but you cannot copy or post the PDF files on any website.

Please do not repost or "Pin" my photos or content.

Tessellating Pinwheels

Click here to download instructions for Tessellating Pinwheels (PDF file)

This quilt was designed to be pieced with dies from my Accuquilt GO. I use the 4.5 inch half square and the 4.5 inch quarter square triangle dies. A link to these Rotary Cutting directions for those without the GO are contained within the PDF file.

If you have problems opening the above link, right click on it and save it to your computer and then open it. Email me with any questions or problems at mmcjohnson@gmail.com

Please note: These instructions are untested as I have NOT yet made my quilt. Read over them carefully before beginning and please email me with any questions.

The quilt can be made with 3 fabrics, or you can make it scrappier by using different fabrics in each block – choosing one of each – like my test block below.

Or you can go completely scrappy and use many different fabrics in each block like I plan to do.

20130123-184004.jpg

8 comments on “Tessellating Pinwheels

1. cynthia on said:

i would love to make a QOV to donate some day = i have so much red, white and blue in my stash. this is amazing. love looking at your work!

2. Margaret on said:

I’ve just discovered this treasure trove with all my favourites! Here goes with that red and white fabric that I’ve been keeping for something special! Thanks so much, Margaret, Edinburgh, Scotland.

3. Rebecca on said:

PERFECT for a QOV! Another awesome pattern! Many thanks!

4. linda stoutenger on said:

love your quilts

5. Susan Jordan on said:

I will definitely be trying this one. I love it!

6. I just came to your site via y/group of accuquiltquilters. I’m contemplating of getting a GO! and EQ7. Looking at your patterns and instructions here, I find them very useful. Thank you!

7. Phillip Lahrmer on said:

I really like the tessellating pinwheel pattern. Pinwheels are my faves.

Could I get your EQ7 pattern. I really like paper piecing and I could print the foundations.

Thanks for your help, and keep up the good work.

Phil Lahrmer

8. Janine ward on said:

thanks for yet another superb pattern mary. i will look forward to having a go at this. will be a good excuse to use up some more scrappy stash