Copyright

You may print and use these quilt instructions to make quilts for yourself, for donation, or for sale. The instructions cannot be printed and sold.

You may link to any of the pages with the instruction sheets but you cannot copy or post the PDF files on any website.

Please do not repost or "Pin" my photos or content.

Double 4 Patch

Click here to download Double 4 patch (PDF file)

Close attention needs to be paid to how these blocks are laid out to create the chains across the quilt. For an easier version click here.

If you have problems opening the above link, right click on it and save it to your computer and then open it. Email me with any questions or problems at mmcjohnson@gmail.com

DSC_2092

A queen size version in red made for my son and DIL

chris-wedding-quilt

How about a RWB version?

20140413-215527.jpg

(click photos for a larger view)

By Sharon

Kelly’s blue version

Here’s a version in blues by Leanne

12 comments on “Double 4 Patch

1. ellen on said:

This is so beautiful! Thank you very much. ellen
    15septemberarts.blogspot.com

2. Another stunning quilt, and so easy! Perfect for a Quilt of Valor, of course..

Again, many thanks for all you do for quilters and community service projects!!

3. Mary Lampe on said:

I just love your double four patch in red. Very very striking. I just love it! fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing.

4. Toni Collins on said:

Can you tell me how much material to buy for this quilt? It is beautiful! Thank you!

5. Chumkie on said:

Happy New Year! It so happens that the current Blog Fodder theme is 2 color quilts. So I’d be honored if you would link in at http://www.chumkieshobbies.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-fodder-two-color-quilts.html

6. Rebecca on said:

I love this one, too! Another candidate for Civil War repros (or maybe 1930′s?). THANK YOU!!!!

7. Gretchen Peterson on said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your expertise…I am going to start a pink and yellow theme 4 patch just for me.

8. Helen Nelson on said:

Thank-you so much for sharing. I’m going to bookmark your site for future reference, and for now, I’ve downloaded the PDF for the double 4 square. I can’t wait to use up some of my stash. I’ll post a picture if I ever get it finished. I was going to get help for my procrastinating once by going to PA meetings. (that`s Procrastintors Annonymos) But the first time I went there was a notice on the door that the meeting had been postponed! I never went back. Pray for me!

9. Roberta on said:

This green is so beautiful. I think I love this pattern and color pallet.

10. Pam Smythe on said:

I too want to thank you for these beautiful quilts and wonderful instructions. It gives me a place to browse and dream of my next project. I’m a new quilter and I spend a lot of time planning.

11. THey are certainly both beautiful. I am partial to the red one since I am currently working on 2 pieces that will be red and tan. I like the way the smaller squares connect up and chain across the quilt. It’s a dramatic design.

12. Katherine McBride on said:

Oh my what a neat learn as you go site how grand of you to share you knowledge with us It has been quite the treat looking at all of this site Hugs Katherine